Saturday, August 1, 2009

Introduction

This is just a quick intro to discuss what this blog will generally be about. The main intent is to document my learning the NetBeans Platform API's. I am sure that there will also be tangents into some of my interests and gripes, but I will try to stay on topic.

First, a little history as to why I am doing this: I strongly believe in the whole modular architecture as described by Jaroslav Tulach (Modular Manifesto). I have been developing with Java for some time now, and have witnessed first hand where bad designs lead - likewise, I have witnessed the benefits of good design. I have always enjoyed developing Swing applications, but within the past 3 years, my job has unfortunately involved web development (which I really can't stand). This is my way to get back into desktop client apps and learn a platform API that helps build better apps.

This is a very short intro - especially for me, but I will expand on this later as well as outline what I want to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment