Thursday, March 14, 2013

Math Equations Test

Here are some examples of entering math equations (normal text representations added for readers that strip JavaScript):


  • SimpleFraction:
    • 23/6.75
$$\frac{23} {6.75}$$
  • Test:
    • cos(x) = (e^(ix) + e^(-ix)) / 2
$$\cos x = \frac{e^{ix}+e^{-ix}}{2}$$
Hopefully we see equations above and not gibberish. I say this because the preview of the page is not rendering correctly, but someone stated that the published version is fine. So, here goes....

Woo Hoo, it worked! Thanks to this post. I still need to test this on mobile readers (and resize my images too), and then it is back to beer again.

Edit: So it does not work in my iPad blog reader (Blogshelf II - an awesome reader that apparently simplifies the blog pages for easier reading). This is where I also have an issue with the image sizes. If I view the blog with a web browser, all is fine. What I would like to find is a way for the equations to default to some text if the MathJax JavaScript is not present (kind of like displaying text instead of a SVG graphic if it is not supported by the browser). I will continue to look into this, but will still get to the next post as well (in case anyone cares). Since the equations are nothing fancy, I really can represent them without an equation renderer; so I will change to the standard characters if a solution is not found)

No comments:

Post a Comment